Skip to main content

And the story began...

Nothing gives happiness to a writer than the feeling of holding his favourite pen and the words that are magically mustered at his will . The pen shares an intimate bond with him that nothing else can replace . The bond together , transpires a story so beautiful that it takes the breath away from its readers . Thats how a story is born and is relived a million times in the unfettered imagination of its readers and thereby gives life to its characters .


One such pen of a notorious and a secretive writer nudged the characters to write a story of their own on their own, when exchanged with the right person . And thus a story began with the exchange of a pen . The mighty magical pen started to give life to the words and with life , came love . A Love that brought the moon and the sun together , and sealed the fire and water in a magical sphere for eternity . A love that sealed me with her for life .

When we first met , she used to give me a look . I thought she either found me intriguing or outright non-sense . Her eyes could convey a million things in seconds and those eyes had depth that i never thought would consume me . Being a twin , she was special , and the most talkative/active among the two , hyperactive would be the right word  . Its always a whirlwind of emotions and reactions radiating from her .


"Can i have a pen , please ?" , she would ask . Thats all the conversation we had in the initial days . I never thought Linda Goodman who i was introduced to in my college would forge a bridge between us now . I actually barged in on one of her conversations and asked her if she was a scorpio . She gazed at me and smiled . My observation was acknowledged and she asked me to tell more about her. I seemed to have done really well .


She was young , growing up and with a lot of tricks up her sleeve . Palmistry , psychology , tradition and astrology forged conversations . All her words were filled with hope , character , individuality and a dash of irrepressible intelligence . Her enthusiasm was riveting . We started out playing mind games , giving each other half truths and a lot of lies and nudged the other to find the real meaning .She was enjoying it and so was I . We were trying to prove who was more clever . She always had the habit of twirling and twisting her hair on one side and i kept teasing her a lot for that .

I for someone rare reason was forcing her to talk to me in emails . A very rare one ofcourse.  Who types out an email when you whatsapp??!!?? She was intrigued and at the same time annoyed that i didnt think of sharing our phone numbers . I seriously dont know why i resorted to emails with her but that intrigue of hers changed a lot of things .

Days moved , stories were shared , and people connected . A storm was brewing and in this way we both fell head over heels into love .

Initially there was no confession of love from my side , i was rather secretive , but we just randomly jumped into talking about our marriage and making plans for that . We talked a lot about our past and how things transpired to bring us together and feel all nostalgic .

When everyone called me a robot for the lack of emotional responses , she chose the word snowy as in snow man . It was something special and warm . So now me being a typical snow man , i just stood in one place , she had to drag me around and sometimes it really drove her crazy . Then as you can imagine it resulted in a full on war . A war !!! seriously !! My emotions are rather rare and short lived and hers is the exact opposite . My anger would fly away in an instant as i would forget it and it lingers around in her mind consuming her and then she would find light and smile upon me , with so much realization like a mother's smile ( I know why you did that , kinda smile ) .


She is a good singer but is always way too shy to sing for me . I will have to ask her a million times before she goes into a silent mode and when i ask her the reason for silence , she would say that she is getting into the tune and then a melody will follow . She will be solid , in choosing only the songs that matches her range , anything else suggested will be shunned away mercilessly .


My writing , though being average at best , was consider to be good and she liked it too much . She would always ask me to write out an email for her and i would , at times . When i dont , its either a sweet dissapointment ( i know u cant write until you feel like ) or the blow of a war horn . I considered her to be an over sweet idly van . Idly van !! Rare aint it ?? . Thats because she gobbles up idlies like anything and she would want a hundred varities of chutneys with it .Hush-hush , thats a secret .


My entire world became hers . She was instantly a favouite for my mother and to all my friends . They all adored her too much , which sometimes backfired for me . She would say ,
"They all love me so much and you of all people , sit in one place like a rock . Dushta !!" .
Yes i am the dushtan for my raakshashi. I became a dushtan whenever my reactions or words became restricted . I would reason with her , but reasoning with her when she is upset is like trying to make a baby eat something that tastes unpleasant . She would wiggle out of the reasoning zone and there stages a thaandavam , which is better only if i sit silently and watch and anything else makes it a ferocious one .


Whenever im out with friends or family , she wont even ping me . She granted me my space and believe me its a huge space that i demanded and she only smiled for it . She had so much understanding and there was so much freedom . I fell in love with that freedom . I fell with her understanding . I fell in love with her passion and trust .
She sketched for me , wrote letters , emails and she was doing a lot of things . Her passion made her to cook . The easiest way to a man's heart is through his stomach and she knew that very well and she was a natural when it came to cooking . Paayasam  was the first to my heart and when i dunked a spoon and took it out i could see loads of cashew and pista and with that,  all her effort and love .  I am a biriyani fanatic and she is becoming an expert at that too . What more can a foodie wish for than a partner who can cook well and with love !! Blessed , i am .


An opposite to me when it comes to movies . I am crazy about movies and TV series and she being a kid cant sit in one place for minutes together . She would watch a 3 hour movie in 30 minutes and text me with numerous smilies that she finished watching it . I used to be baffled . I still am , how can anyone finish a movie in 20-30 minutes !!! Seriously !!!  Music too calls for a fight . Its a typical Illayaraja VS ARR , with her supporting Illayaraja claiming that all of his work is heavenly and nothing can even come close . I like Illayaraja but can never give up on ARR and so a war is called for .


My indifference , restrictions and selfishness would rattle her and her uncontrollable anger would infuriate me and then begins the clash of the fire and water sealed in a magical globe for eternity . Fight , love , more fights - more love .
Whats so rare about her is that she never expects anything other than time . She is not materialistic , doesnt mind anything about money , values people a lot , cherishes family and understands its importance . In a world where expensive gifts and star hotel treats make women happy , she would be elated with one email from me , a short one is enough to lift her mood up and make her jump in joy . A rare one she is!!!  She is a solid woman , yet a extremely mischievious kid for me . A kid that no one else could have and probably would never see . And that is how the dushtan fell in love with the raakshashi and was consumed by the depths of her magnetic eyes .



Below is a very crude poetry of sorts for her... 

Sundari penne
Kaarmega koondhal azhagi
Meen pola kannazhagi
Muthu siripazhagi
Oyyara nadai azhagi
Agangaara kova azhagi 
Adangaadha kaadhal azhagi
Adhaanu
Ende parvathi.. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jeova sanctus unus

One of the world’s greatest scientists.He was an alchemist, a member of the Royal Society of London, a Rosicrucian, and he signed some of his most secretive science papers with a pseudonym — ‘Jeova Sanctus Unus’ ! which means “One True God”. He signed his name that way because, like the ancient Adepts, he understood himself as divine. In addition, because the sixteen letters in Jeova Sanctus Unus could be rearranged to spell his name in Latin, making it a perfect pseudonym. Jeova Sanctus Unus is an anagram of a famous alchemist’s name in Latin. Latin interchanges the letters J for I and the letter V for U, which means Jeova Sanctus Unus can actually be perfectly rearranged to spell this man’s name. Isaacus Neutonuus. Newton’s name had always been a recurring guidepost for those seeking secret knowledge. Great man and a brilliant one indeed!!! A List of Prominent Pseudonyms [N.B. - née, nee (adj.) appears in American English both with and without the acute accent of its orig

Sa re ga ma–again . Oh! Plzzz

  NO OFFENSE INTENDED . Its always a pleasant thing to listen to music when you are completely bored or stressed out . But the music I listen to , in college . Phew….will come to that later . Most of my classes in college are totally boring these days . My friends , open up their mobile phones , keep them under the desk and start messaging to their friends , in such cases .I am not the always-texting kinda guy , so I just pretend listening and Im quite good at that . Boring lecture are always comfortable for many , as they could do whatever they want , than to listen .But I prefer them to be interesting. Wait !! Wait !! Don’t get any ideas .Definitely not to listen but to escape from my aquarian friend (My best pal). An interesting class with equations and derivations will keep him busy . He sticks his head to his notebook and comes out with doubts and questions .He very well knows that im not the one to ask questions to , so he deals all that stuff with others . Think that he m

The Tour Plan

As we are nearing our end of college life , we all wanted to go somewhere . Most of all , I wanted to . I was very eagerly looking forward to this tour . As people started planning , i became even more desperate . I just wanted to go out with a crowd , no matter where the place is . Go out and have fun – That’s what was all in my mind . People started giving suggestions and few opted out of the plan but most of’em was ready to go anywhere as long as there was a big crowd to shout , mock and enjoy :) With everyone seriously planning and most of’em giving an O.K.  to the tour , I was really glad that im finally having a day out with my friends . But my happiness didn’t last long ….   There came MR.Fate , in Partha Sir’s disguise and gave the report submission deadline as saturday , the very day we were planning for a trip . And as obvious everybody backed out and the plan came crashing down (my happiness too)…. I hope , Mr . Fate takes leave , atleast next weekend and let us h