Skip to main content

Richmond Park - My London Diary

Nightingale Road !!!


I stand on the road all paved and narrow . Tranquility and beauty was all i could sense .

The sublime glow of a chimney lamp from a small cottage across the road , and the green blanket around it added to the beauty of that moment . I now have to find my way to the place and a steep curved walkway up the road will take me there . It was a place of antique beauty , will thick shrubs around , blue bells popping out from few of the them and the smoke rising up to the sky from the chimneys of classic old brick houses . But without the sun, this would prove to be a dark and brooding place we read about in novels , perfect for a crime  , witchcraft / wizardry .

To the right lies Petersham , a beautiful medieval style hotel , tall and wide with a wonderful view to the other side . 


I could see cars parked around and the hustle of people leaving in small groups for a walk . Up the narrow lane and a few minute walk to the right , i have reached my destination .

I expected roads unpaved and less trodden , the absence of honking and the vrumms of cars , people like me walking for an experience but to my dismay i found the road trafficked and noisy with people bustling around in cycles and walking . I entered gawking at the unexpected crowd of cars lined up near the entrance and stared beyond to see two long roads running through the place all busy with a single file of cars and cycles moving around IN and OUT . I started walking by the road holding my camera and looking for a way out of these mundane things and i did .



It was probably acres of woods and greens by the side of the roads that seem to cut the area into half . I came by a sign board directing me towards Holly’s Lodge , something thats not in the immediate viscinity and probably hidden amongst the trees . I don’t want to take a paved path stretching infront of me , i wanted to stray and explore and so i went the other way .

I strayed out off the road and wandered the field , where the pathway for me was hidden and the trees appealed . My shoes crunched the tried leaves around and i heard a soft hustle . Smiling i tried to tread slowly and softly and i found them . A herd of wild deer grazing and there i lost the grip and the stomped on a branch leaving a loud crack and i knew i have lost the moment . The herd was no more there and i was again alone crunching and stomping things under my feet .



The woods welcomed me as i moved deep into and far away from muggles .  There weren't any dried grass or broken branches around now . With every footstep the beauty unraveled and birds started to sing .I looked around to the beauty of solitude and then spotted him . He started directly at me , his crowned head high and without a flinch . I moved further towards him slowly and with respect . I take my camera forward to capture the moment and that's when he slowly moved away . Desperate , i followed and he sat comfortably behind a fallen trunk and there i was with nothing but few feet in between . I clicked . I clicked again and then stood there wondering at this straight gaze upon me .


Its time for me to move on and explore .I kept walking the wide stretched grassland and i stopped for a moment breathing in and my jacket slowly fluttered in the wet breeze that brushed gently past me and making the hair on my head dance in joy . I now knew where i had to go -  Straight !!! 

Crumbled and weightless , free from the chaotic chains of self , i stood there mesmerized . Another wave of breeze  made me a dandling blue bell and i slowly rested myself on the ground and straight ahead in front of me was a lake , blue as sapphire and adorned with a dense pack of trees all around . I was there , only me . Most unique thing was a single tree standing right in the middle of it all . Magnificent yet simple . I didn’t want to leave the place and i sat there for hours capturing every bit of it my mind and if it am a great artist i would sketch them exactly the way it was , as i did not want to forget such a place ever . It was like a treasure chest guarded by the mystique ancient woods which granted access only to a special few .



Miles of walking followed and i came across people sitting around with picnic baskets , playing with their kids and some with their dogs and i did not want to sit . I wanted to walk , wander around as much as i can , enjoying the serenity . The path i chose was uneven , unpaved and less trodden and that led me to places no one else could . I decided to circle back . It was long and alone , adorned with woods of ancient beauty and visited frequently by a gentle wind and my walk stretched for a 5.2 mile distance and i arrived near the roads occupied by muggles . I walked along slow and steady as i didn't want to dehydrate myself more and finally i was here . Where it started – Nightingale Road !! .




A long walk with nature @ Richmond Park . 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jeova sanctus unus

One of the world’s greatest scientists.He was an alchemist, a member of the Royal Society of London, a Rosicrucian, and he signed some of his most secretive science papers with a pseudonym — ‘Jeova Sanctus Unus’ ! which means “One True God”. He signed his name that way because, like the ancient Adepts, he understood himself as divine. In addition, because the sixteen letters in Jeova Sanctus Unus could be rearranged to spell his name in Latin, making it a perfect pseudonym. Jeova Sanctus Unus is an anagram of a famous alchemist’s name in Latin. Latin interchanges the letters J for I and the letter V for U, which means Jeova Sanctus Unus can actually be perfectly rearranged to spell this man’s name. Isaacus Neutonuus. Newton’s name had always been a recurring guidepost for those seeking secret knowledge. Great man and a brilliant one indeed!!! A List of Prominent Pseudonyms [N.B. - née, nee (adj.) appears in American English both with and without the acute accent of its orig

Sa re ga ma–again . Oh! Plzzz

  NO OFFENSE INTENDED . Its always a pleasant thing to listen to music when you are completely bored or stressed out . But the music I listen to , in college . Phew….will come to that later . Most of my classes in college are totally boring these days . My friends , open up their mobile phones , keep them under the desk and start messaging to their friends , in such cases .I am not the always-texting kinda guy , so I just pretend listening and Im quite good at that . Boring lecture are always comfortable for many , as they could do whatever they want , than to listen .But I prefer them to be interesting. Wait !! Wait !! Don’t get any ideas .Definitely not to listen but to escape from my aquarian friend (My best pal). An interesting class with equations and derivations will keep him busy . He sticks his head to his notebook and comes out with doubts and questions .He very well knows that im not the one to ask questions to , so he deals all that stuff with others . Think that he m

The Tour Plan

As we are nearing our end of college life , we all wanted to go somewhere . Most of all , I wanted to . I was very eagerly looking forward to this tour . As people started planning , i became even more desperate . I just wanted to go out with a crowd , no matter where the place is . Go out and have fun – That’s what was all in my mind . People started giving suggestions and few opted out of the plan but most of’em was ready to go anywhere as long as there was a big crowd to shout , mock and enjoy :) With everyone seriously planning and most of’em giving an O.K.  to the tour , I was really glad that im finally having a day out with my friends . But my happiness didn’t last long ….   There came MR.Fate , in Partha Sir’s disguise and gave the report submission deadline as saturday , the very day we were planning for a trip . And as obvious everybody backed out and the plan came crashing down (my happiness too)…. I hope , Mr . Fate takes leave , atleast next weekend and let us h