Skip to main content

1 A.M in a bus

Last week , i was on this bus with my family , - a tour . The best thing about bust travel , when you dont have your headphones on , is the variety of characters , you could see . I always enjoy my travel to college in bus . Its quite an interesting thing - overhearing ! . You think its wrong ? - I dont .

I am basically a sound sleeper . A full meal and a nice cool breeze is enough to put me to sleep . That day , i just woke up in the bus . Maybe its a small jolt which is quite a common thing in our Indian roads . I just couldn't sleep after that . As one would do , i peeked through the window and found the tress and buildings running back . You know , we people just dont realize that kind of beauty .  No wonder , why poets write about it . The  moon , was like chasing me . It was kinda nice and funny that i was giggling . But , as the bus turned to another direction , i missed it .


Frustrated , I turned around , and found that almost everyone was sound asleep , snoring . A man , tall , dark , well-built , in his mid-40's and with that big mush of his , looked pretty scary when he first entered the bus , but now , he was there curled in his seat , hands by his head , along the window - sleeping , with a smile on his face . Guess he was in a nice dream . Interested in the way he was sleeping like a child , i started to observe others as well .

There was this guy , thin and dark , really funny looking , with his huge wife - Huge , i mean really huge , she would take two seats for her , but he managed to squeeze himself in .  He was such a big complainer . He started yelling at the conductor that the Push-back wasn't working properly and asked him to kill the lights and the music . He was such a nuisance . But his wife was calm , controlling him from bursting out .  Looks are deceptive indeed . Now , he looked even more funny , he was turned to a side with his legs over the seat and holding his wife's hands , so tightly , like holding a teddy-bear and he was drooling . Funny - guy .

There were others , mouths wide open , curled , smiling , holding something tight and some snoring so loud . A guy , around 20 , by the side of my seat , suddenly woke up and looked at me , his eyes , red , waking up from a deep sleep . I was just startled . He then said , please dont tell my mom ...and went on blabbering for a minute in some other worldly language and went back to his sleep . I just couldnt stop from laughing , but managed to keep it low . My brother woke up and looked at me shocked , "What's gotten into you ? Stop laughing and freaking everyone out . Freak !" and rolled to other side . I then somehow managed to get out from that hilarious moment and went back to staring at the trees . I didnt know when i  fell asleep .

The next morning was even more  funny , to see everyone getting into their day-time character .

There is no "Adult-like Sleep" . Is There ????


Picture Courtesy - Deviantart .

Comments

  1. It's always nice to observe people and some times it turns out to be real funny! Try watching people when they're having food without talking at a marriage. They eat like someone is gonna steal the food! But the best is when they're sleeping like you wrote about!
    Nice read! Keep writing man! :)
    Take care :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i 2 experienced d same..its really funny watchin ppl wen dey sleep..hweva huge,crius,funny,strong dey r finally during sleep..its funny watchin dem slp like a baby..!! random topic but gud 1..!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Jeova sanctus unus

One of the world’s greatest scientists.He was an alchemist, a member of the Royal Society of London, a Rosicrucian, and he signed some of his most secretive science papers with a pseudonym — ‘Jeova Sanctus Unus’ ! which means “One True God”. He signed his name that way because, like the ancient Adepts, he understood himself as divine. In addition, because the sixteen letters in Jeova Sanctus Unus could be rearranged to spell his name in Latin, making it a perfect pseudonym. Jeova Sanctus Unus is an anagram of a famous alchemist’s name in Latin. Latin interchanges the letters J for I and the letter V for U, which means Jeova Sanctus Unus can actually be perfectly rearranged to spell this man’s name. Isaacus Neutonuus. Newton’s name had always been a recurring guidepost for those seeking secret knowledge. Great man and a brilliant one indeed!!! A List of Prominent Pseudonyms [N.B. - née, nee (adj.) appears in American English both with and without the acute accent of its orig

Sa re ga ma–again . Oh! Plzzz

  NO OFFENSE INTENDED . Its always a pleasant thing to listen to music when you are completely bored or stressed out . But the music I listen to , in college . Phew….will come to that later . Most of my classes in college are totally boring these days . My friends , open up their mobile phones , keep them under the desk and start messaging to their friends , in such cases .I am not the always-texting kinda guy , so I just pretend listening and Im quite good at that . Boring lecture are always comfortable for many , as they could do whatever they want , than to listen .But I prefer them to be interesting. Wait !! Wait !! Don’t get any ideas .Definitely not to listen but to escape from my aquarian friend (My best pal). An interesting class with equations and derivations will keep him busy . He sticks his head to his notebook and comes out with doubts and questions .He very well knows that im not the one to ask questions to , so he deals all that stuff with others . Think that he m

The Tour Plan

As we are nearing our end of college life , we all wanted to go somewhere . Most of all , I wanted to . I was very eagerly looking forward to this tour . As people started planning , i became even more desperate . I just wanted to go out with a crowd , no matter where the place is . Go out and have fun – That’s what was all in my mind . People started giving suggestions and few opted out of the plan but most of’em was ready to go anywhere as long as there was a big crowd to shout , mock and enjoy :) With everyone seriously planning and most of’em giving an O.K.  to the tour , I was really glad that im finally having a day out with my friends . But my happiness didn’t last long ….   There came MR.Fate , in Partha Sir’s disguise and gave the report submission deadline as saturday , the very day we were planning for a trip . And as obvious everybody backed out and the plan came crashing down (my happiness too)…. I hope , Mr . Fate takes leave , atleast next weekend and let us h