Skip to main content

Fun in Queensland

 

Last Saturday was day full of fun and excitement . The day we spent together in Queensland . I wanna treasure every single moment of that wonderful time I had with my friends . So , here goes(it’s a bit long)…

Queensland – the amusement park .The amusement and fun was only because of my friends , they didn’t have many interesting rides actually . Each had their part to have made that day a memorable one .

Last friday night , the gentle breeze and the mild piano music couldn’t help me get a peaceful sleep . I was damn so excited , that  there wasn’t even a single dot of sleepiness .We were finally going out . Last time when we planned , it was the project review that came crashing our plan . But fortunately this time , there was nothing to stop us . I somehow managed to get some sleep but woke up way too early and ofcourse I was dreaming about the time we would have there .

Each second moved like an hour , I just couldn’t bear it .Finally ,when it was the time , I raced out , to catch my bus to C.M.B.T .When I got down , I saw Danny walking towards me with that familiar smile of his ,there was someone else with him – “What !!! Is that Danny’s fatter version ??? and without mush !!!” – it was his brother dobbin , who looked almost the same .After some enquiry about the bus routes and the frequency , we got into a bus to poonamalle and were waiting for Miss.E.T (Sowmya) , who as always was late .

I unfortunately took a seat next to a old man , who was yelling at the driver who wasn’t there and started talking and complaining about the present government as if I were listening .It was kinda uncomfortable . I tried to look elsewhere , but it didn’t stop him. But , there came Danny 2.0 to my rescue , talking me into his world of gaming . First it was Assasing creed , then prince of persia , and suddenly persian prince was in NFS ..:) .HE sounded to be an expert in gaming . I slowly let myself into his fantasy and for a second , I was in venice , on top of a tower , locating my target , with the “Eagle eye vision ” .It was fun . By that time Sowmya arrived and the bus started and I was in still in venice . Thanks to Dobbin , the bus travel wasn’t boring .

Our wait in Ponnamalle , was even more funny .When sowmya wore her coolers and started running(in a hilarious way) almost to every bus that passed by ,to ask if it would take us to queensland and came back frowing that the conductor didn’t even respond , the three of us broke into a hysterical laughter , that the crowd got startled and moved away from her . (P.S : Danny knew which bus would take us there.)

Then we boarded the bus to queensland and when we got there , the gang from hostel was already thr and have made camps in groups , laughing , chatting and munching some snacks and a few were busy with their phones . We then mixed along.

Moments later , came MR.Snake  and sruti , dressed and moved as if they were students of M.I.T or Harvard . The crowd might have taken them to be some NRI’s , but we knew that these were two demented souls trying desperately to get some attention :)

  Then , the whole area was covered with flashes from the came camera , taking as many snaps as possible . The last to arrive was Aiswarya (nalla ponnu) and her slave Anand .Aravind started collecting the cash and our I.D’s to avail the student offer . It was then , we found the “Man of principles – Mr.Danny”. His 8th grade brother didn’t have an ID and when a guy volunteered to use his friend’s ID , Danny was like ..”I don’t like that ..that’s so not gonna happen” and as people started convincing him , he shouted.,”If anybody intends to do that , that’s it , we both will leave right away” and turned the other side giving us some time to decide . Those words darted through the air and everyone fell silent . But it soon shifted away and things came back to normal and we decided not to do anything against his wish ..After all , we were there to have fun .

When we went in there was a guy , costumed as a bull , bullying children and girls . When he came running , with those stuffed horns of his , pointing towards my friends , they shouted and rank back . There , I didn’t see girls who are 20+ , but a few 4th graders , who still believed that there is Boochandi (monster) , out there , who would eat them , if they didn’t sleep properly . lol :)

Weekend had brought too much crowd . We started running around to find a ride that didn’t have a huge queue .

Mr.Principle – Danny started walking sideways as if his legs were wobbly and sat down in a bench and never came for any other ride . One simple ride , was enough to make tis 85+ Kg man , nod a NO to all other rides . He was then left as the security for our bags .

 

Few hours passed , a few more rides , everybody shouting and laughing their guts out and soon all started walking like zombies , completely drained of all the energy and were looking for a restaurant to recharge them . I took the tokens for lunch and the service there was too slow . There were only 2 of’em and they had to attend a huge mob .I stood there patiently ,and Kishore took my stand .We both were standing there for minutes .

Miss.Dimple , waiting desperately for lunch , lost her cool and lurched forward from her chair and snatched the token from kishore and gave us a look like …”What the hell ,were u guys doing so long ???”. We stepped back for her to try her luck .

“Hello !! Brother …excuse me ..” . Thr was no response and after sometime she was like “Ayya..Ayya …Anna (literally beggin)”. One guy turned to her side but just ignored her . She started again .,”Excuse me! …we are waiting for a long time ..can u plz..” . No response again . Miss.Dimple , losing her patience made a face . Her eyes and mouth opened wide and there came a torrent of angry words .

The noise she made , had no effect on them . It was only when kishore requested them again , he attended us . All that performance , all that scene , for nothing . :p

After lunch , they all moved for water game and myself and sruti was left in-charge of all their bags .We sat there for hours chatting about the gossips and stuffs happening n our college and were teasing a few in the pool .

When others came back , they had a hot story for us .

Desktop

Then , we raced each other to cover as many rides as possible . Even the terror KK , didn’t want to get in the Free Fall . After munching a few burgers and taking a few snaps , we left the park .

A day full of fun .Yet another wonderful memory of my college life .

Comments

  1. It was Danny's came....i dont think its idiotic :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful. Loved the mind voice in the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Harish,

    Cool one..smart way of integratin the pics wid the story n simply lov the mind babble in all the pics..really innovative:)

    Very well described..I'm sure u guys had fun :)

    Keep postin :)

    Check mine out.... pls vote n comment:
    http://www.indiblogger.in/indipost.php?post=52967

    ReplyDelete
  4. i see you had an enjoying time. great.
    well expressed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ciaoooooo!!

    Sorry it took a awhile for me to stroll by your blog! I read several posts and you have a vivid way of writing! I like it! It's like your telling a story ^_^.

    And you draw as well! You didn't tell me this! How cool! I think drawings always add something extra...I am biased of course ;)

    Take care & Keep it up!
    *waves*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks a lot TJ . Thats very nice of you .
    See you around :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Jeova sanctus unus

One of the world’s greatest scientists.He was an alchemist, a member of the Royal Society of London, a Rosicrucian, and he signed some of his most secretive science papers with a pseudonym — ‘Jeova Sanctus Unus’ ! which means “One True God”. He signed his name that way because, like the ancient Adepts, he understood himself as divine. In addition, because the sixteen letters in Jeova Sanctus Unus could be rearranged to spell his name in Latin, making it a perfect pseudonym. Jeova Sanctus Unus is an anagram of a famous alchemist’s name in Latin. Latin interchanges the letters J for I and the letter V for U, which means Jeova Sanctus Unus can actually be perfectly rearranged to spell this man’s name. Isaacus Neutonuus. Newton’s name had always been a recurring guidepost for those seeking secret knowledge. Great man and a brilliant one indeed!!! A List of Prominent Pseudonyms [N.B. - née, nee (adj.) appears in American English both with and without the acute accent of its orig

Sa re ga ma–again . Oh! Plzzz

  NO OFFENSE INTENDED . Its always a pleasant thing to listen to music when you are completely bored or stressed out . But the music I listen to , in college . Phew….will come to that later . Most of my classes in college are totally boring these days . My friends , open up their mobile phones , keep them under the desk and start messaging to their friends , in such cases .I am not the always-texting kinda guy , so I just pretend listening and Im quite good at that . Boring lecture are always comfortable for many , as they could do whatever they want , than to listen .But I prefer them to be interesting. Wait !! Wait !! Don’t get any ideas .Definitely not to listen but to escape from my aquarian friend (My best pal). An interesting class with equations and derivations will keep him busy . He sticks his head to his notebook and comes out with doubts and questions .He very well knows that im not the one to ask questions to , so he deals all that stuff with others . Think that he m

The Tour Plan

As we are nearing our end of college life , we all wanted to go somewhere . Most of all , I wanted to . I was very eagerly looking forward to this tour . As people started planning , i became even more desperate . I just wanted to go out with a crowd , no matter where the place is . Go out and have fun – That’s what was all in my mind . People started giving suggestions and few opted out of the plan but most of’em was ready to go anywhere as long as there was a big crowd to shout , mock and enjoy :) With everyone seriously planning and most of’em giving an O.K.  to the tour , I was really glad that im finally having a day out with my friends . But my happiness didn’t last long ….   There came MR.Fate , in Partha Sir’s disguise and gave the report submission deadline as saturday , the very day we were planning for a trip . And as obvious everybody backed out and the plan came crashing down (my happiness too)…. I hope , Mr . Fate takes leave , atleast next weekend and let us h