Skip to main content

Losing my phone

Can you live without your current smartphone for a day or two ?

The answer is definitely Yes but its very very difficult for most people like me . In an era where smartphone has become an integral part of many lives , losing it or not being with it is not an easy task .

So , what do i do with my smartphone ?
  1. Most important thing are my contacts .
  2.  I keep in touch with as many as i could and maintain my circle of friends , share things , hardships , fun , photos , etc.,
  3. Email Accounts , Social networks , Chat services , sometimes banking apps .
  4. Imporant documents either as a primary copy or for backup .
  5. Almost 16 Gig contents (music , photos , and videos)
  6. And more importantly , my smartphone has become an extended part of myself that i would always keep with me and never leave it alone .. I mean never .

Mine was also a priced proud possesion . It was sony's first waterproof , scratch proof and SHATTER proof smartphone and had an awsome 12 MP camera . It soon became something extraordinary and everybody got to know about it as the phone which still works when dropped a 100 times and drowned in water several times . I was proud to hold it in my hands . It was not a shimmering piece of work but a sturdy rugged one that i loved holding in my hands . More than all that , it held a lot of me within it , a lot ..and became something of a bridge to my past and future .



I missed it in less than a minute . It was in a movie hall . I stood up from the seat and took two steps and realized my heart dropping down to my knees . It was missing . That weight is gone . I start swearing and cursing and barged in and broker the crowd moving from their seats . I knelt down , searched around , as much as i could and it was gone . But i still had hope the i could find it . I quickly ran around trying to observe and identify any single thing that could lead me to my phone , but in vain . The added crowd in the cinema's lobby for the new releases made it even more difficult .
I found a friend , borrowed his phone and gave a ring and it rang and for a moment i was happy , happy that someone would pick it up and tell me ' Oh !! is it yours !! I just found it here ' ... but didnt happen . The next call went directly to voice mail and all the hope i had drained away that i felt so stranded .

It became quite clear that its gone - stolen !! The worst thing is that i didnt have a password lock .
I cant help the data but i could save my email accounts , i quickly started resetting access to everything and blocked my sim . Now that it gone , i am vulnerable to too many complications , so i started creating proofs and eveidence that i reported my phone stolen . If you ever come to my situation , go to this link and register a complaint first : https://online.met.police.uk/report/report.php .
It was very very useful .

I also called the non-emergency number for london police and was told that a complaint would not be taken if it was lost in a privately managed place . Confused , i began to worry more . But next day , i was called by london police with reference to the complaint i registered online and all details were collected including IMEI . Anyone tried to sell my phone in any registered exchange or cash converters , a check for the IMEI would be run and police would be notified and that i have a slightlest chance of getting my phone back .

It was quite clear that i am not going to get it back but i made sure i save myself and my data getting into any further complications

If you have lost your mobile , this is what you will do .

  1. Reset all applications password .
  2. If you lost it in london , register a complaint here 
  3. Call your network provider and block your sim card or if possible your phone too with its IMEI number .
  4. Have slightest satisfaction that alteast you have some proofs with you to fight your vulnreability .
and lessons learnt
  1.  ALWAYS HAVE A PASSWORD LOCK FOR YOUR PHONE .
  2. Install some apps which would help you locate or lock down your phone remotely .
  3. If you are an android user ,make sure you have this configured - https://www.google.com/android/devicemanager
  4. Always have a back up of your data . Sweat not !! There are loads of apps which perform scheduled backup .
Hope you dont lose your phone , but if you do , make sure you are not as unprepared as i was .
My next , shall not be just another phone but something more .

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jeova sanctus unus

One of the world’s greatest scientists.He was an alchemist, a member of the Royal Society of London, a Rosicrucian, and he signed some of his most secretive science papers with a pseudonym — ‘Jeova Sanctus Unus’ ! which means “One True God”. He signed his name that way because, like the ancient Adepts, he understood himself as divine. In addition, because the sixteen letters in Jeova Sanctus Unus could be rearranged to spell his name in Latin, making it a perfect pseudonym. Jeova Sanctus Unus is an anagram of a famous alchemist’s name in Latin. Latin interchanges the letters J for I and the letter V for U, which means Jeova Sanctus Unus can actually be perfectly rearranged to spell this man’s name. Isaacus Neutonuus. Newton’s name had always been a recurring guidepost for those seeking secret knowledge. Great man and a brilliant one indeed!!! A List of Prominent Pseudonyms [N.B. - née, nee (adj.) appears in American English both with and without the acute accent of its orig

Sa re ga ma–again . Oh! Plzzz

  NO OFFENSE INTENDED . Its always a pleasant thing to listen to music when you are completely bored or stressed out . But the music I listen to , in college . Phew….will come to that later . Most of my classes in college are totally boring these days . My friends , open up their mobile phones , keep them under the desk and start messaging to their friends , in such cases .I am not the always-texting kinda guy , so I just pretend listening and Im quite good at that . Boring lecture are always comfortable for many , as they could do whatever they want , than to listen .But I prefer them to be interesting. Wait !! Wait !! Don’t get any ideas .Definitely not to listen but to escape from my aquarian friend (My best pal). An interesting class with equations and derivations will keep him busy . He sticks his head to his notebook and comes out with doubts and questions .He very well knows that im not the one to ask questions to , so he deals all that stuff with others . Think that he m

The Tour Plan

As we are nearing our end of college life , we all wanted to go somewhere . Most of all , I wanted to . I was very eagerly looking forward to this tour . As people started planning , i became even more desperate . I just wanted to go out with a crowd , no matter where the place is . Go out and have fun – That’s what was all in my mind . People started giving suggestions and few opted out of the plan but most of’em was ready to go anywhere as long as there was a big crowd to shout , mock and enjoy :) With everyone seriously planning and most of’em giving an O.K.  to the tour , I was really glad that im finally having a day out with my friends . But my happiness didn’t last long ….   There came MR.Fate , in Partha Sir’s disguise and gave the report submission deadline as saturday , the very day we were planning for a trip . And as obvious everybody backed out and the plan came crashing down (my happiness too)…. I hope , Mr . Fate takes leave , atleast next weekend and let us h