Skip to main content

Lost


I was sitting under a tree in an unnaturally cold summer evening , ipod plugged to my ears , and enjoying the scenic beauty of that place . The clouds were a yellowish – blue signaling the time for sun – set .  The light faded off with the sun slowly going to sleep . It was when , a boy came towards me . Roughly around 6 years old , he was round and cute , his hair shiny black but his face had sadness all over it  .
Childhood_2_by_itash
I stood and went near him . Kneeled down and took his hands . He looked at me and his sadness engulfed me .
“Is anything wrong ?”
He gripped my hands tight and said , “Yes . Can you please come with me ?” .
I nodded , forcing a ‘Everything is gonna be okay’ kinda smile , to make him feel better . He took my hands and led me towards the setting sun .
Suddenly the air became hotter , it was a morning . For once I thought I was dreaming , but the boy was walking with me in a place that looked so familiar . After a second of puzzlement , I realized that I was in the street to my home .
He took me near an old lady , thin and weak , lines of sorrow running deep in her skin . She was lying in the pavement curled holding her bag . Hunger all on her eyes .
“You walk this street almost everyday , with your ear phones plugged and ignoring her like a piece of dirt . Did you ever think of getting her something to eat ? Atleast one day ? ” , the boy asked .
I stared at him surprised . I couldn’t answer his question and bowed my head in shame .
He griped my hands again and  led me . Now , I was in some other place . Engines roaring and horns buzzing . Air filled with dust and smoke . It was bust road . He took me further and pointed at something . I followed his gaze and was shocked to find myself standing in a bus stop with a friend . My eyes went wide open and I asked him startled ,
“Who are you ?” .
He just turned to look at me but didn’t say anything . I stood there , staring at myself , amazed and with a thousand questing running in my mind . And there came a screeching noise , tearing the silence in my mind and bringing me back to that place . There was an accident , a car hit a motor – bike . I saw the other me , just turning to look , and getting back to the chat with my friend . Only one guy , from the crowd , ran towards them and helped the man up , and gave him some water .
“You saw an accident and a person bleeding . Why didn’t you run and help him ? Has life of a stranger become less important ?”  , the boy asked .
His question stung me really hard .
“The world is full of people like you that I have lost my place in it” , the boy added .
Ashamed and surprised , I stared at him and asked , “Who are you ?” .
“I was once a part of you . I am what you have lost and that guy who helped had .”

Comments

  1. Excellent post! Sometimes we lose ourself to "Too Busy To Care" attitude.

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome. yesterday i saw an old lady carrying something home. she was obviously not able to carry it. And my mind was dwindling between whether to ask her or not. I still have the guilt of not asking her if she needed some help.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Prashanth RaghavanMay 21, 2011 at 7:41 AM

    Kudos first:)nice write up...but we speak we write about such things again and agian only to be read and experienced for that very minute but after that??????well we get sunk in our own world...im not sure what we do is right or wrong but from my experience a bit of care for a stranger ll really go a long way in making our day beautiful:)so its time we bring up our courage and do what our instinct says without a backthought...And me too one among you trying to bring up that damn courage to listen to our instincts:) 

    ReplyDelete
  4.  That's a really nice post, so true!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved the ending. You write really well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. @29c78b2a92cc2990810f52f5d7e7ae7b @b24a91c675fc1c004551bafc7755abc5 cardinal.ruby Aravind Chandrasekaran @7d2fd6239c1ff3b086ab0cde3b6802b1  :  Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Jeova sanctus unus

One of the world’s greatest scientists.He was an alchemist, a member of the Royal Society of London, a Rosicrucian, and he signed some of his most secretive science papers with a pseudonym — ‘Jeova Sanctus Unus’ ! which means “One True God”. He signed his name that way because, like the ancient Adepts, he understood himself as divine. In addition, because the sixteen letters in Jeova Sanctus Unus could be rearranged to spell his name in Latin, making it a perfect pseudonym. Jeova Sanctus Unus is an anagram of a famous alchemist’s name in Latin. Latin interchanges the letters J for I and the letter V for U, which means Jeova Sanctus Unus can actually be perfectly rearranged to spell this man’s name. Isaacus Neutonuus. Newton’s name had always been a recurring guidepost for those seeking secret knowledge. Great man and a brilliant one indeed!!! A List of Prominent Pseudonyms [N.B. - née, nee (adj.) appears in American English both with and without the acute accent of its orig

Sa re ga ma–again . Oh! Plzzz

  NO OFFENSE INTENDED . Its always a pleasant thing to listen to music when you are completely bored or stressed out . But the music I listen to , in college . Phew….will come to that later . Most of my classes in college are totally boring these days . My friends , open up their mobile phones , keep them under the desk and start messaging to their friends , in such cases .I am not the always-texting kinda guy , so I just pretend listening and Im quite good at that . Boring lecture are always comfortable for many , as they could do whatever they want , than to listen .But I prefer them to be interesting. Wait !! Wait !! Don’t get any ideas .Definitely not to listen but to escape from my aquarian friend (My best pal). An interesting class with equations and derivations will keep him busy . He sticks his head to his notebook and comes out with doubts and questions .He very well knows that im not the one to ask questions to , so he deals all that stuff with others . Think that he m

The Tour Plan

As we are nearing our end of college life , we all wanted to go somewhere . Most of all , I wanted to . I was very eagerly looking forward to this tour . As people started planning , i became even more desperate . I just wanted to go out with a crowd , no matter where the place is . Go out and have fun – That’s what was all in my mind . People started giving suggestions and few opted out of the plan but most of’em was ready to go anywhere as long as there was a big crowd to shout , mock and enjoy :) With everyone seriously planning and most of’em giving an O.K.  to the tour , I was really glad that im finally having a day out with my friends . But my happiness didn’t last long ….   There came MR.Fate , in Partha Sir’s disguise and gave the report submission deadline as saturday , the very day we were planning for a trip . And as obvious everybody backed out and the plan came crashing down (my happiness too)…. I hope , Mr . Fate takes leave , atleast next weekend and let us h