Skip to main content

Am i Jealous !

We had a combined Process economics class with the chemical students , so the class strength was around  100 .The scene came in the final half an hour of his class . He distributed randomly all our test papers and asked us to correct it . He was dictating the key words for all the answers , but nobody was actually interested in listening him , instead students were busy in doing  these ;

"Machan , en paper un kitta iruuka da ?" (do u ve my test paper?)

" Dei , enna pass panni vitudu da " (please make me pass the test dude )

" Hey , unnakku 17/20 poduma ? " (Is 17/20 enough for u ?) - to close friends .

I didnt like the whole idea of this and people asking for and doing such stupid favours in name of friendship . After the correction got over  , Our sir , asked us how we felt about the exercise  . I was the only one to nod my head meaning -not good - not fair . I got a bit more agitated when i saw my paper with 12 marks , I did well and i deserved more  . And to my shock ,I came to know that certain papers which had no value , was with 17 and 18 . I was like . What the hell !!! . When the class got over , i went to him directly , and this is what happened :

Me : Sir ! This idea is unfair . People didnt live up to your trust . most of the well written papers got only low marks and if you examine all the papers with 17 and 18 marks , u will be shocked to know that there is literally nothing in most of 'em.

Sir : Really ! I thought they would do it genuinely .Give me your paper .

Me : I deserve a 15 , and im not here to ask for marks , i just wanted to say , most of the 17's did not deserve it , so it would be better if you re-evaluate everything .

Sir : Fine then ! I'll do it .

Everything started here . Most of my class mates were upset with what i did and started commenting in all possible ways . Below is , all the questions that were asked and my answers for them "

  • Would u have done this , if u ve got more than u deserve , like first mark ?  - Yes . I would go and tell him that the idea was wrong .
  • Have u ever followed ur ideology that a person should get only what he deserves and nothing more ? - Yes . I've in many cases given up certain things for those who deserved it better than i do .(i dont want to explain that here)
  • If u were a true friend , u would never have done this ! - What!! Why did friendship come here , there is only ethics and moreover True friendship is not about doing such stupid favours and giving false hope to your close ones.
And comments like , you are going to suffer for this , you are a jealous devil (makes me laugh) , etc., I also feel that a person will do the same thing of cheating your higher level , not living up to their trust , even when they become professionals , which would be a problem to their growth . I would like to quote this old proverb - " Thottil palakam sudugadu varaikum " (Old habits die hard). If somebody is ready to prove me wrong, i am ready to change . Am i jealous ! I dont think so :-)

Comments

  1. Hey do yo think yo are the only one who had such a feeling on seeing ur paper??

    I think, there was something wrong with your attitude on that day!!!

    It would have been appropriate if u change ur topic heading to "am i selfish" instead of jealous!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Jeova sanctus unus

One of the world’s greatest scientists.He was an alchemist, a member of the Royal Society of London, a Rosicrucian, and he signed some of his most secretive science papers with a pseudonym — ‘Jeova Sanctus Unus’ ! which means “One True God”. He signed his name that way because, like the ancient Adepts, he understood himself as divine. In addition, because the sixteen letters in Jeova Sanctus Unus could be rearranged to spell his name in Latin, making it a perfect pseudonym. Jeova Sanctus Unus is an anagram of a famous alchemist’s name in Latin. Latin interchanges the letters J for I and the letter V for U, which means Jeova Sanctus Unus can actually be perfectly rearranged to spell this man’s name. Isaacus Neutonuus. Newton’s name had always been a recurring guidepost for those seeking secret knowledge. Great man and a brilliant one indeed!!! A List of Prominent Pseudonyms [N.B. - née, nee (adj.) appears in American English both with and without the acute accent of its orig

Sa re ga ma–again . Oh! Plzzz

  NO OFFENSE INTENDED . Its always a pleasant thing to listen to music when you are completely bored or stressed out . But the music I listen to , in college . Phew….will come to that later . Most of my classes in college are totally boring these days . My friends , open up their mobile phones , keep them under the desk and start messaging to their friends , in such cases .I am not the always-texting kinda guy , so I just pretend listening and Im quite good at that . Boring lecture are always comfortable for many , as they could do whatever they want , than to listen .But I prefer them to be interesting. Wait !! Wait !! Don’t get any ideas .Definitely not to listen but to escape from my aquarian friend (My best pal). An interesting class with equations and derivations will keep him busy . He sticks his head to his notebook and comes out with doubts and questions .He very well knows that im not the one to ask questions to , so he deals all that stuff with others . Think that he m

The Tour Plan

As we are nearing our end of college life , we all wanted to go somewhere . Most of all , I wanted to . I was very eagerly looking forward to this tour . As people started planning , i became even more desperate . I just wanted to go out with a crowd , no matter where the place is . Go out and have fun – That’s what was all in my mind . People started giving suggestions and few opted out of the plan but most of’em was ready to go anywhere as long as there was a big crowd to shout , mock and enjoy :) With everyone seriously planning and most of’em giving an O.K.  to the tour , I was really glad that im finally having a day out with my friends . But my happiness didn’t last long ….   There came MR.Fate , in Partha Sir’s disguise and gave the report submission deadline as saturday , the very day we were planning for a trip . And as obvious everybody backed out and the plan came crashing down (my happiness too)…. I hope , Mr . Fate takes leave , atleast next weekend and let us h